Married at First Sight

Married at First Sight to be at the forefront of Nine’s 2017 programming.

Its a bit sad that they are looking forward to 2017 when 2016 has virtually just begun. How about they think about the rest of the year before pumping up 2017.

1 Like

In the latest Married at First Sight promo you can see 90.9 SeaFM Gold Coast announcer Bella Frizza.

OK so this is actually another Australian series this year? I’ve only seen snippets that it’s coming back and just assumed it would be an overseas version.

Coming soon promos for the new season have been airing for weeks.This season will feature a same-sex couple heading to New Zealand to get married.

###Series 3

From Monday 29 August and Tuesday 30 August at 8.40pm

Married at First Sight, Australia’s most eagerly awaited, groundbreaking social experiment, returns for its third and most explosive series yet, premiering over two big nights, Monday, August 29, and Tuesday, August 30 at 8.40pm on Channel Nine.

You’re invited to five spectacular weddings as the new series of Married at First Sight promises more drama than ever before, with the wedding of our first same-sex couple, the fairytale of love at first sight coming true for one lucky couple, fireworks when the father of one bride sees his son-in-law for the first time and is not happy – while tensions run high when two grooms go head-to-head at a volatile dinner party.

Three Expert Matchmakers – relationship psychologist John Aiken, neuropsychotherapist Trisha Stratford and dating expert and psychologist Mel Schilling are back – putting relationships to the test to determine if science can predict true love in couples who will be getting married at first sight.

All five couples are matched by our experts on the basis of extensive psychological and neurological testing and profiling, as well as attractiveness and pheromone testing for distinctive human scent.

We follow them and their families as they prepare for the biggest day of their lives – a day that should see them say “I do” to a complete stranger before going on their honeymoon, setting up home together and meeting the in-laws.

But as the harsh reality of the experiment kicks in and our singles are forced to confront their fears and expectations about their ideal partner, they must ask themselves if they are truly willing to put their faith in science. Will they all make it down the aisle?

Well that’s a bit over the top sending them to New Zealand given the weddings on this show are not legal anyway.

Are Nine still planning to begin the ratings year next year with another season of MAFS? If so, they’re going to ‘overkill’ this show very quickly…

Didn’t Nine almost kill Married At First Sight this year? I’m surprised that they’ve brought it back for another season this year, to be quite honest.

You think they would’ve learnt with The Block :roll_eyes:

I thought they were planning to strip the show at 7:30.

Didn’t that only happen for the previous season because Reno Rumble tanked and they did a switcheroo to prop the schedule up?

The second season average was still close to 1million viewers. It’s a very cheap and easy show to do and probably Nine’s effort at flooding us with dating shows to try and do a bit of damage to The Bachelor as well.

Im sure one of the nine executives said they would strip it against My Kitchen Rules.

Watch the weddings now in a 9Now

WATCH EPISODE 1 AND 2 NOW ON 9NOW

MONDAY, AUGUST 29, TUESDAY, AUGUST 30, AND WEDNESDAY AUGUST 31, AT 8.40PM

Nine announced last night that next season would see 10 couples “married”. According to TV Tonight, the season will now be produced by Endemol Shine (previous seasons are Nine internal productions) and shown on multiple nights, up against My Kitchen Rules.

Won’t that be too many couples to follow? I just couldn’t keep track of 10 couples. They had been advertising last week that next year Nine will be taking Married at First Sight to a whole new level. I was hoping for something a bit more exciting than just upping the number of couples. Also they are risking overkill with this show… I think that will be 3 seasons in less than a calendar year?

I don’t watch the show but I also think 10 couples is overkill. Nine is trying to stretch next season (maybe to April). If not done properly viewers will get sick of the show.

Quite surprised that Nine think a show that last night got 800,000 against no other reality show is their pick to strip against MKR.

1 Like

Surely the season won’t start with 10 weddings and have us follow them all at once. I can’t see any way that would be possible to follow. I’m guessing more likely it will either be a staggered season (new couples introduced with weddings at different times throughout) or a more like 2 seasons back to back.

The show rates well given it often runs until 10pm and very strong in key demos. I think it’s their best shot to have something that can be competitive with MKR and could take some of the MKR audience. I’m just concerned it’s overkill having an even longer season on again so soon when there’s been so many this year already.