True Story with Hamish & Andy

So surely this will be to front the Sunday night takeaway show that seven were looking to do?!?!

Urgh. Is there actually no one else who can have a go?

Daryl Somers is available. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d prefer him tbh.

What’s wrong with you? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Is it a generation thing?

###HAMISH & ANDY - 2017

Previously in the Seven Network area

The funnymen of radio and television are set to return to Nine in a brand new series.

Hamish & Andy, who previously fronted four hugely successful Gap Year series for Nine, as well as two Caravan of Courage specials, will star in an all-new format, set to be one of the most exciting programs in recent years.

Full details about the bold new concept will follow in 2017. Produced by Radio Karate.

In other words, nobody’s thought of anything yet… we’ll get back to you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

H&A have been working on this for a number of months, and have done a reasonable amount of filming too - largely on weekends, but they’ve also taken 1 or 2 days off from the radio show for filming. At least some of it is studio based.

oh stop using facts to dismiss my cynical nature :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

It looks like a chat show? But must fit into the ‘bold new concept’ category, interesting…

A sequel to comedy series Real Stories on Ten?

Towards the end of last year they were doing podcast only inserts asking for funny stories from podcasters.

They were calling it “The Great Story Project”

My guess is people are going to be telling these stories (possibly sitting in the seat across from them as seen in the video) aided by filmed re-enactment sequences? Will be interesting to see how this comes together.

Name of show is True Story

1 Like

Looks like a really cool idea, especially the reenactments with well known actors.

4 Likes

Would probably watch this, it actually looks entertaining as much as H&A annoy me sometimes.

2 Likes

Andy on Today this morning revealed it starts in June.

1 Like

TV Tonight says 5 episodes in June, another 5 later in the year. 30 minute episodes too.

1 Like

Looks like a distinct and fresh concept really. Hopefully it works.

3 Likes

Is there a promo posted anywhere? Don’t watch much Nine but have been an avid watcher of H&A’s TV shows.