Foxtel

The quality of streams depends on your Internet speeds IMO

Those caps look pretty good.

I think a lot of the complaints re Foxtel Go PQ are for the Fox Sports channels. Any improvement there?

Edit: No improvement. I’m on 100/40 connection and the Fox Sports channels are still bad. I can stream in better quality via FS2 US

Foxtel GO

7mate

Fox Sports 2 US

Foxtel GO

7mate

FOX Sports 2 US

ESPN2 via Foxtel Go

Tennis Channel in HD

Any tips on how to access FS2 USA?

This is the first time I get to see what the AFL coverage on Fox Sports US looks like.
(I am a part-time contributor to Australian Football Association of North America, which represents many Aussie fans in the US, Canada and beyond and has been campaigning for better TV coverage of AFL matches in that part of the world for the past three decades.)

Looks like your group is doing a good job as I’ve noticed recently, one game a week is now broadcast live on FS1, which is a one of the mainstream sports channels in the US.

The US coverage last night was pretty much a straight rebroadcast of Seven’s coverage, even Seven’s promos.

1 Like

##foxtel Play heralds special pricing for Game of Thrones

Special offer brings full access to Foxtel Play’s Premium Movies & Drama featuring Game of Thrones season 6

Foxtel today announced that Foxtel Play is offering a discounted subscription to the Premium Movie & Drama pick, including showcase, the ‘home of HBO’, during the broadcast of the hotly anticipated HBO drama Game of Thrones season 6, which returns to Foxtel screens starting on Monday, 25 April at 11am, same time as the US.

Customers who sign up to Foxtel Play between 18 April and 29 April will be able add Premium Movies and Drama to their first $25 a month genre pick for only $5 extra a month for the first three months.**

Foxtel’s special offer allows fans, old and new, to watch the continuing drama of Game of Thrones unfold, following the shocking developments at the end of season 5, for only $30* a month for the first three months. Subscribers will also have access to Game of Thrones seasons 1-5 via Foxtel Anytime (on-demand) to ensure they’re completely up to speed with the politics, passion, blood and betrayal erupting across Westeros.

In addition to Game of Thrones, Premium Movies and Drama subscribers have access to a host of other premium drama screening on showcase including, Veep (s.5), Orange is the New Black (s.4), Penny Dreadful (s.3), Hap and Leonard (s.1), Turn: Washington’s Spies (s.3) and new comedy, Casual; plus the incredibly popular Throne Cast that airs every Tuesday at 10:30pm starting April 26, recapping each week’s latest episode.

Customers will also have access to Foxtel’s BoxSets channel, featuring hundreds of hours of the most binge-worthy drama, along with a massive volume of blockbuster and library movies as part of their subscription.

Game of Thrones continues to be a world-wide sensation that marks a major high point in Foxtel’s premium drama offering. Season 5 saw nearly 900,000 average viewers watching, up 57% on season 4 and with more than half watching the show played back the same day from the simulcast, showing that fans are excited about the flexibility of watching how and when they want. Today’s news regarding Foxtel Play’s special pricing will make it easier than ever for more people to enjoy this popular series.

Foxtel Play offers customers instant access to great entertainment within minutes of signing up and enables them to subscribe by the month and pay as they go, so they will be able to enjoy Game of Thrones season 6 and other premium drama and movies. With no lock-in contract and no installation costs, subscribers can stop and start their subscription month-to-month, to suit their circumstances or viewing choices.

Foxtel Play enables customers with a broadband connection to stream and watch programs from Foxtel’s amazing range of sports, drama, entertainment, documentary and movie channels live or on catch-up.

Foxtel Play customers can enjoy their programming via eligible Samsung, Sony and LG Smart TVs, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 & 4, selected Samsung Blu-Ray and home theatre systems and PC and Mac computers. Foxtel Play customers can also access content on selected smart phones and tablets by downloading the Foxtel Go^ app at no extra cost.

More: https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/offer/gameofthrones.html

*$30 per month based on one Genre pick plus the Premium Movies & Drama pick. This price only applies for the first three months if you subscribe to one Genre pick plus the Premium Movies & Drama pick between 18 April 2016 and 29 April 2016. At the end of the first three months, the ongoing subscription fee for one Genre pick plus the Premium Movies & Drama pick will be charged at $45 per month. New Australian residential users with a compatible internet connected device running an eligible operating system. See full list of compatible devices here: www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/howitworks. Not all channels/content available on all devices with Foxtel Play. Credit card details are required at time of sign up for any ongoing direct debit subscription payments if you do not cancel your subscription. Ongoing subscription fees reflective of your package apply unless you cancel your subscription. Broadband internet connection with minimum speed of at least 2Mbps required. ISP and data charges apply. Only available for use in Australia. Full terms and conditions available at www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/terms.

I’ve had an idea that I’m willing to give to Foxtel for free - Sports Megawall, where you can have every sports channel playing on the one screen (and in HD) - audio could be selected.

I’d seriously pay extra for this, I’m sick of having to do the TennisRugby thing to watch multiple sporting events

DirecTv does it.

They now Have Sky Throughbreds in HD and Nickelodeon and Disney Channel are still not in HD Yet???

How many kids would really care whether Nickelodeon, Disney Channel or any other kids channels were in HD? Realistically, probably not that many.

I remember Foxtel doing an interactive feature among these lines about a decade or so ago…branded as “SportsScreen” or something like that? Anyway, it only lasted a few years IIRC.

Mark Buckman to Join Foxtel

Foxtel Chief Executive, Peter Tonagh today announced that Mark Buckman would join Foxtel as Managing Director, Customer and Retail, commencing in June.

“Mark Buckman is a globally recognised business leader,” said Mr Tonagh. “Having worked most recently in London, he has many years of experience with two of Australia’s most significant businesses and an undisputed record of success in changing consumer perceptions and building customer loyalty.

“Mark has a true understanding that companies only win and retain customers if they pay close attention to the total customer experience: from the marketing message that attracts them, to the process by which they join, and the service they receive when they have questions or requests or need problems solved.

“Therefore, I have decided to restructure key aspects of Foxtel’s business so that Mark will take responsibility for both Foxtel’s sales and marketing functions and all customer service operations. He will ensure that a Foxtel customer’s experience is second to none. This will drive customer loyalty and advocacy, which will further support sales growth.

“Mark will be responsible for further developing Foxtel’s brand which is synonymous with the best content from Australia and around the world and an amazing entertainment experience. He will ensure that the attributes of our brand are present at every customer touch point.

“I am particularly pleased to have Mark coming on board as his previous experience with Telstra Media means that he knows the Foxtel business well and will really hit the ground running,” Mr Tonagh said.

Mr Buckman said, “I am delighted to be joining the Foxtel leadership team at such an exciting time. With a line up of amazing Australian and international drama, entertainment and factual programs and brilliant live sport, Foxtel provides the best entertainment available in Australia. By combining the marketing, sales and customer service teams we will be able to create a seamless and fantastic experience for all our customers.”

“Following the recent appointment of Deanne Weir, Mark completes the team that will guide Foxtel over the coming years. That team is very strong and Mark’s appointment only makes it stronger,” Mr Tonagh concluded.

Prior to joining Foxtel Mr Buckman was Chief Strategy Officer of Accenture Interactive in London. Before that he was Group Managing Director, Media and Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer at Telstra. Mark has also held positions as Chief Marketing Officer at the Commonwealth Bank and as Chairman and CEO Pacific Region of advertising agency McCann World Group.

A Foxtel spokesperson told me BeIN Sports will be launching a day earlier than planned on the 14th May

Does Bein cover the Mexican soccer league (Liga MX)?

[quote=“TVHead, post:64, topic:638, full:true”]
Does Bein cover the Mexican soccer league (Liga MX)?[/quote]
No unless they have been holding off rights until the new channels launch from what I have seen they cover MLS (USA / Canada), Brazilian and Argentina (BeIN Sports Connect only).

just saw a new channel on 499, 599 & 699 - whats on. basically running a loop flogging off the additional packs - sa adverts for movies, sports and kids on it.

channel 400 is gone add 146 to the list showing adverts

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fox Sports

Anyone watching Foxtel at about 4.15 am EST today? I was, and if you were and you have an IQ2 you might have found your box suddenly rebooting itself (and cancelling any recordings that happened to be in progress). Apparently, series links have been disappearing and the reboot was supposed to fix the problem.

P.S. It is alarming when it happens. I thought for a minute that my box was broken and that I’d lost everything.

Documentary channels are currently open for me even though i dont subscribe.Cant find anything on the website about it.Anybody know how long for?

I noticed that Foxtel’s website was down today. It seems that it wasn’t the only one - seems like Stan was also down plus a number of banks.

Amazon Web Services outage causes Australian website chaos

Some of the websites affected include those belonging to Fairfax Media, publisher of this website; Foxtel and Fox Sports; car sharing service Go Get; The Daily Telegraph’s NRL Super Coach site; Nine and Fairfax-owned online streaming platform Stan…