Footy Furnace

An M rating and “language”? LOL WTF! And Presenting Partner billboard… That’s new. Also noticed those in-program promos.

Are GTV producing the presentation rather than North Sydney and NPC Media or something.

1 Like

The graphics appear to be similar to Footy Classified.

2 Likes

Would be since it is airing live from GTV like news, other footy shows, etc.

2 Likes

Victoria’s state election used the set. They added a mega wall to the left and I think it all worked well.

1 Like

Yeah I remember, but I think the poster was meaning federal elections, which I think would be too big for that space.

I have previously said that this show should have a later start time to cover the last match of Sunday.

1 Like

Once Daylight Savings ends for eastern states the final game is usually over by around 7.30pm AEST.

1 Like

Does anyone know what time it aired on 9Now?

Looks like the show did ok in Melbourne but wasn’t a hit in Adelaide and Perth. Next week’s schedule ahead of any change has the show running after 9News Late.

2 Likes

Tom Morris said that the first edition wouldn’t stream on 9Now as the final match of the round was in Perth. Hence, the show was only screened on Nine. He went on to say that episodes would stream live from around 7pm Sunday nights on 9Now and then be repeated later on Nine the same night from next week.

3 Likes

Watched a bit last night and thought it was ok, but I still cannot stand Tom Morris. Wish they went with someone else as host.

2 Likes

Leigh Matthews in Brisbane tonight

3 Likes

Set & graphics actually don’t look bad, a bit different to what you usually think of when it comes to footy panel shows.

3 Likes

I agree. It’s different.

Don’t mind how they put Leigh in too!

2 Likes

It’s clever

3 Likes

Footy Furnace is moving to the later time slot of 10:10 pm after 9News Late in Melbourne from next Sunday. That brings it in line with Adelaide and Perth schedules.

3 Likes

Mustn’t be rating well, I haven’t really warmed to it, there’s just something a little off with it.

IMO, these are the best AFL shows (FTA only):

1. The Front Bar
  2. Footy Classified, Monday
  3. Armchair Experts
  4. Sunday Footy Show
  5. Talking Footy
  6. Footy Classified, Wednesday
  7. Footy Furnace

A bunch of Fox Footy shows would probably outrank most of those.

Maybe there’s just too much footy analysis on Nine.

two shows on Sunday, plus Monday and Wednesday - and this from a network that doesn’t even hold the rights and won’t for years.

2 Likes

And IMO Sunday Footy Show just spends too much time stuffing around, cracking jokes and gags. It’s turned from analytical review into what the old Footy Show on Thursday nights used to be

2 Likes

That or the later broadcast time is to allow the show to cover the night match between Brisbane and Gold Coast (7.10pm AEST start).

2 Likes