ABC News Presenters and Reporters

totally OT but being Aboriginal I don’t see it as an invasion but I understand both sides to the argument of moving the date etc…

Now back to programming

1 Like

Don’t get ya knickers in a knot, it was a fuarken joke calm down.

Edit: I was gonna debate but you’ll never hear the end of it.

1 Like

I didn’t. KVZ had posted a mocking retort that a supposed ‘right winger’ would have said about the ABC, which that ‘right winger’ supposedly sees as communist.

Oh I’m very calm. Regardless, inflammatory fiction, made under the name of another person, should be addressed.

You can debate or do whatever you like.

I’m not sure how you can debate 3 points I made, 2 of which were PERSONAL OPINIONS about whether I care about news theme relaunch dates, or the name of Australia Day, and 1 which stated that the ABC is not evil or communist.

Or maybe you do want to debate that the ABC is in fact evil and communist? :joy: Because I don’t see any other avenue for debate.

Maybe, I don’t really agree, but maybe we should start a topic in the extra category so it’s out of everyones sight called “debate”, and it can be about other things too, like Peter Overtime VS Mark Furgerson or Trump VS Hillary.

Anyways, I do prefer the blue over the yellow for TV News, but I do think the blue is to light. But I’ll see what it looks like when the time comes.

1 Like

there’s already a topic - it’s called Seven News Content and Appearance.

ummmm yeah ok then.

I guess you could debate this point

I’d rather not though. This is where I go for some sorta fun, let’s not ruin that.

1 Like

waits for mod-bomb

1 Like

Umm, yeah, nah, because the full ‘point’ actually references me:

Sure, but keep falsely pulling out bits of my posts, and then telling me you want to debate the fact * I * don’t care what day of the year Australia Day is on, or what it’s called. What do you actually want to debate? That it has to be held on the 26th of January and called Australia Day in perpetuity? Guess what. I don’t agree. Tough.

Wow, ABC News got good!

Back on topic now thanks guys. Feel free to carry this over to an appropriate thread in the lounge area.

Subsequent off topic posts here will be deleted.

5 Likes

Paul Higgins presented ABC News Sunday in Melbourne.

1 Like

This promo for various news programmes has been airing on News24 tonight:

Might be a glimpse at what is to come graphics-wise (ie we’ve seen that blue before…)

3 Likes

A new Nightline promo is using the ‘oneABC’ font that has been discussed numerous times too.

??? You mean Lateline?

1 Like

With ABC’s monday night lineup returning tomorrow, it’s the last obvious day for the relaunch to take place. Not expecting much, however.

1 Like

Had a look at ABC news NSW in the past recently, and I have to say that I actually quite enjoy ABC’s bulletins (well at least the Sydney editions) compared to Nine or Seven which has become quite sensationalist and tabloid (ACA/Today Tonight Style). Of Course, the anchors of ABC News are brilliant. Juanita Phillips and Jeremy Fernandez are both great news readers and Graham Creed is a nice break from David Brown, Mrs White Jacket and that clown and his ‘pitter-patter’ over on TEN.

IIRC, ABC News has been fairly consistent in terms of its presenting line-ups especially compared to some other networks (Seven and TEN, I am looking right at you guys) and their bulletins have only been ever fronted (as a chief newsreader) by James Dibble, Richard Morecroft (who was my favourite newsreader on the ABC), Tony Eastley and now Juanita Phillips, all of whom were very good at what they did.

I really would like to see people take a break from the usual Seven/Nine and give ABC News a try, because ABC News does deserve a lot more recognition it currently receives both statewide and nationally.

6 Likes

Good post! Now, about the weather presenter of ABC News NSW…

Personally, I think Nine should very seriously consider trying to get Graham Creed over to the network (for weather on both it’s Sydney news bulletin and the new regional ones) especially if Seven News Sydney with it’s actual meteorologist continues to gain ratings momentum this year.

Realistically, Seven Sydney’s main news & sports presenters are average but David Brown vs “the lady who complained about the jacket”? It’s no contest. If Nine wants to remain Sydney’s #1 news, they need an actual meteorologist of their own IMO!

I’m the same. But you have to remember that Sydney is the same city that makes ACA it’s #1 program on TV at 7pm. The same city that makes 2GB it’s #1 radio station. The same city that largely reads The Daily Telegraph over The Sydney Morning Herald. And I could go on forever really…

1 Like

This forum is almost a perfect representation of broad viewing attitudes. We all love flashy sets, brash graphics and sensationalist reporting and that’s what the commercial networks have in spades. The ABC does a great job, I agree. And from a presentation standpoint they generally do things very well. I think the fact they have a strict budget means they can only justify change when it ultimately becomes a necessity.

Presentation-wise, I think the current look of ABC News is fine. There’s a revamp coming though. I still can’t say I’m a fan of Lateline’s graphics though - too dark for my liking. And 7.30 is absolutely pig ugly. Hopefully they both get a refresh in the upcoming overhaul.

I await this convo being hijacked by the usual suspects though.

4 Likes

Yes I did. I got them mixed up :stuck_out_tongue: However, I find it interesting that the Monday Nights promo doesn’t not use the ‘oneABC’ font, so it may not be a completely accurate representation of the revamp in the coming months. A better idea might be the pictures that the ABC News account here posted. They posted a different one first, but then changed it for a slightly different one. Lucky, I saved both:

Not sure I dig the blue, as I feel the yellow is a more defiant colour, and stands out very well in the ABC App, and meshes well with the contemporary black and white theme, and the darker grey banners.

4 Likes

Totally agree. At least in Perth, Seven was watchable until probably 3 or 4 years ago, it’s simply trash now. ABC is far superior.

Gloria Kalache presenting the Victorian bulletin tonight.

1 Like